Sunday, May 30, 2010

'YOUR GAS IS OPEN'

If you didn't already know, Meg-o and I took a San Fran-hiatus to Santa Barbara to visit her dad this past weekend. We left on Thursday morning and drove four hours south to what they call the 'central coast.' I don't know, in Florida we have the Panhandle, central Florida, and SoFla, central coast just seems like an oxymoron to me. Nevertheless, the drive was fairly painless AND we were good samaritans and notified some people that their gas tank was completely unscrewed and open (How? I have no idea, but one flicked cigarette butt and bye-bye fancy Lexus.). Go us.
Megan's father and his wife, Loretta, are just the sweetest people. We were so girly this weekend, facials and pedicures, and not gonna lie, I lovedd it. Getting pedicure was a little scary, but people touching your feet isn't bad when you're expecting it and when they aren't doing it maliciously (Alen). The scrubbing part was kinda tough, but I think it was worth how pretty my toes currently look. Girly, girly, girly.
It gets girlier. After facials the first day, we went to go see Sex and the City. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY SEEN SEX AND THE CITY 2, GO SEE IT. I'm not going to lie to you, the first one is better, but the clothes are just fabulous. That's all I can say until Amanda gives me the okay.
After the movie, we parked in BFE in her dad's neighborhood because, of course, there was no parking near his house. So we're walking to the house at one in the morning, and some person's chihuahua is barking at us. Problem is, the dog is outside their owner's yard and starts to follow us. I learned at an early age you just don't run from dogs, so I'm just working on maintaining a brisk walk. Megan, on the other hand, decides on a rather brisk jog. We made it to the house without any altercations, but fact of the matter is, homegirl ran from a chihuahua.
Saturday, we drove to San Luis Obispo, had lunch, saw the mission, and walked around the town. San Luis Obispo is cute, the people remind me of the people in Florida but it looks a lot like San Antonio, Texas.
I didn't actually get to see the inside of the mission because there was a wedding in progress (Which is fine because I, fully and adoringly, support matrimony), but what I did see was very nice. After that, I put my feet in the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
It's hella cold, people. Beautiful, but the water is flippin' cold.
So we're back, and tomorrow is my last day to kick back and be on vacation. I must, must start working out again this week and my internship begins on Tuesday. I'm not nervous yet. I don't know, I don't think I've fully wrapped my mind around the awesomeness. Stay posted to hear all about my first day and to see how freaking lost I get on Tuesday trying to navigate public transportation.

chin

postscript - In case you wanted to know, top three songs on the radio right now in California are 1) In My Head - Jason Derulo, 2) Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz, and 3) OMG - Usher. I had a total of eight hours with car radio to figure this out. Kill. Me. California Girls by Katy Perry was super close but inconveniently came on at times when we completely lost radio signal, and we only had to hear Alejandro by Lady Gaga once each way. Thank god.

post postscript - When at dinner with people you've just met, before expressing any strong dislike you have about any university, make sure you know who is an alumnus of where. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. I'm an idiot, that's all.

1 comment: