Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"So then the Vikings.."

So I've been in the Bay for a little over a day now, and it's real comf (as in comfortable, I've got to get back in this abbrevs thing). This is a really strange thing to be excited about, but I feel like a normal person because I get super sleepy at around 11 pm and wake up at ten until 8 every morning. Pacific Time isn't so scary, maybe it's just Eastern Time that sucks.
First official outing was to the California Academy of Sciences.

I really enjoyed this museum because it really put things in perspective for me. I'm sure a lot of you have heard me say I don't really like animals. Yesterday, I realized this is absolutely false. I am absolutely fascinated by animals...behind glass that don't have faces.

The starfish are Megan and I. I'll give a dollar to the first person to guess who's who and why.
After the Academy of Sciences, there was 'college story time with Nanan' and coffee AND, for the first time in awhile, we experienced rush hour traffic in combination with five o'clock radio. It's the little things in life that are constant reminders that Oberlin is not real life, people.
Dinner was the absolute best. Chris is currently reading all about the history of the Norse and what not and who knew that there are about six degrees of separation between the Vikings and...everything (The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, etc.). I have not laughed that hard in weeks. Megan was crying. It was great.
The second best thing about both of Megan's houses (after Chris) is the amazing amount of books available at my disposal. It's fantastic. I'm finally going to finish this Michael Jackson biography that I started on the drive up to college, but I'm simultaneously going to read The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan because I just can't wait. I'll keep ya'll posted on the literary scene.
I don't know exactly what's happening, but it's 11:26 am and we're leaving to do..something (Italian people? North beach? pizza? idk.). GO SEE SEX AND THE CITY 2 TONIGHT, AT MIDNIGHT. That's all.

chinnnn



1 comment:

  1. hiii chiinny im so happy youre enjoying san fransisco but i truly wish you were 4 houses down from me again. i hope you watched dane cook on american idol last night and reminisced of the days of your beautiful sweet sixteen. and i took a guess on the starfish.. though i dont know megan that well im going to guess that she is the one whose little starfish legs are stretched because you have to be the one with the legs straight because of your knees. its all about the knees for you, i know. haha that is all
    i love youuuuu

    ReplyDelete