Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Ma'am, your bag is 16 lbs. overweight."

Helloooo. So if you look below, you'll see my feeble attempt at wrapping up my winter term project. Haha, if you don't already know, that was quite an experience so we're just going to leave it at that. Adios Toni.

HOWEVER, tengo un proyecto nuevo. SAN FRANCISCO. If somehow you missed me raving all spring semester about how I'm going to be living/working/breathing for three months in San Francisco, I've got news for you. I'm in San Francisco and on Pacific Time.
Getting here, that was an experience. After a night of Thumper with our next-door neighbor lax bros and co., Megan and I woke up late. Yes, I was a little bit frazzled but not the end of the world. The end of the world was getting to the airport and having, not one, but both of our bags be overweight. Severely overweight. A total of twenty-seven pounds overweight. Okay, it wasn't the end of the world but I did panic a little. Thank god for Megan, because while I panicked she played master problem solver. I just want to take a moment and apologize to my parents for calling and freaking out. Sorry guys. Airports are stressful, stressful places people.
Nine hours of travel later, I arrived. It's beautiful people, really beautiful, and I haven't even done anything spectacular yet. For those of you who know Megan, you know she's all about family (which is funny because you probably also know she swears she's never getting married. just a heads up, that's false. she may not know it yet, but she's going to have a fantastic husband and lots of children. shh.). I haven't even been here for twenty-four hours and it's already obvious why she talks about her family all the time. They are so welcoming and just wonderful people. Also, her stepdad, Chris, reminds me SO MUCH of one of my favorite Obies ever. It's actually hilarious, he's already a favorite of mine.
So try and keep up with me this summer, I already have so much to talk about and it's only day one. There will be pictures. It's going to be great fun people, great fun.

Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment